Friday, April 25, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Hello again! I want to thank all of you who stopped by and wrote a comment on my first "S & T" post last week. I tried to comment on all of your posts as well, but I may have missed a few.

Here is my second installment for "Show and Tell Friday". Thank you Kelli! Kelli's House
When I was a young girl, I practically lived at the public and school libraries. I LOVED to read anything about animals, especially Dogs and Horses. I always loved reading Marguerite Henry's stories and recently started collecting them. Here is my collection so far...




I love them all and can't wait to read them to Michael, but this one holds a special place in my heart.



They made a movie about this book in the mid 60's and I remember going to the Carmen Theatre to see it and the real Brighty was there in person! I was so excited and got to pet him a lot and talk to his handler. It was cool.

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I love books...so your 2nd show n tell is tops for me. And what a wonderful beginning to your collection. Good luck in finding more!!!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I love your Show and Tell. I collect these same books for my daughter while she grew up. Now she is expecting her first baby boy! Thanks for sharing them it really made me smile this morning!
Have a great day, Sherry

A Hint of Home said...

Books are so great. I love to read and just recently started buying our first granddaughter the American girl books. She's 8 and a girl after my own heart.

on the ROCKS said...

The covers on the books are so beautiful. I can see why Brighty has a special meaning for you. What a nice story.

Strawberry Lane said...

So glad to get a visit from you! I simply love your blog and so glad we have connected.

About the books: what a treat to see several of my childhood favorites in your collection. It was like seeing old friends.

I still have them sitting on my shelf.

Kathy said...

Your book collecton is awesome, Linda. Love the old childrens books. They have beautiful pictures, don't they?
Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

nancy said...

What a nice S&T. I really didn't know these books.
Nancy

The Apron Queen said...

What a nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

Did you know roosters are good luck? Wonder why? Stop by for the answer.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Constance said...

I also loved her books! One of the other S&Tellers this week posted about 2 horsey souveneirs for her granddaughters and I mentioned Marguerite's books! My favorite was King of the Wind. I read that book so many times it's a wonder it hasn't disintegrated! Almot 2 years ago we went to the Grand Canyon and I bought the Brighty book for our oldest grand-daughter. I always get the grands a little something! Thanks for sharing with us!
Connie

Lisa said...

These are really nice books! How neat to be able to meet Brighty. What great memories! Thanks for showing this.

JEWELGIRL said...

I remember these books, my
friend had these. Great
beginning to your collection!

Kelli said...

What a wonderful collection of books! My 10 year old is a huge horse lover and we are actually reading a Marguerite Henry book together right now...great stories!
~Kelli

Kelli said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that our kitchen paint color is "Honey Bird" by Behr. It shows up a bit more bold/bright on camera that it is in real life.
~Kelli