Saturday, May 09, 2009

Red Birds

I love to watch and feed the birds. Last year we had a nest of Robins in our little crab apple bush near our front porch. Unfortunately, the babies did not make it and some critter got to them before they could fly. I found the decimation on our front walkway one morning, pretty gross.

This spring I put a plate feeder in our front tree and the birds have really enjoyed it! It has attracted a male and female cardinal and a few weeks ago I noticed the pair flying around our front porch. I finally spotted this little nest in the crab apple bush.






It doesn't look like much of a nest but the cardinals seem happy.



Last Saturday, May 2nd, I peeked into the nest and saw these 4 adorable eggs! We're so excited and hope that the babies make it to grace our feeders like their parents!


I will try to post some more photos of the babies (hopefully)when they hatch! I understand that the Papa takes over the feeding of the little brood so I hope he doesn't mind me peeking in on them.

No comments: