Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Girl


I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day...

Holly.

How I love this girl. We got her 2 months after we lost our beloved Birdie (also an Aussie) from kidney failure. I will tell Birdie's tale in another post.

Anyone who loves animals, especially dogs, knows how impossible it is not to fall in love with them. Holly is a great girl. We found her through Aussie Rescue and Placement but it was what they called a "private" rescue. She was a stray who was found in a shelter. A breeder of Aussies took her in for about a month to get her in better shape because she was quite a mess and was very timid and scared. We took a 2 hour drive to go see her and well, "now you know the rest of the story".

Holly has grown into quite a lovely lady - "Her Majesty" as Michael calls her. She has gone from being so afraid of DH - actually peeing on the floor if he called her to come to him - to giving him tons and tons of kisses.

Holly is wonderful with Michael. She's so tolerant and patient and she has never once tried to hurt him or snap at him. I have only heard her growl once and that was when she was sleeping!

Rescue a dog - it will be one of the best things you'll ever do, trust me.

1 comment:

Strawberry Lane said...

Oh my, what a beautiful, beautiful girl Holly is! And how happy she looks.

So glad you rescued her and she now has a wonderful forever home.

You and I both know what a great feeling it is to give love and security to these sweet creatures.

Look forward to more photos and stories about her.