Monday, July 21, 2008

Hello My Baby! Hello My Honey!



We went frog catchin' this evening and look what we got! He/she is pretty cute (if you can call a frog cute) actually.

We have a pond behind the house with tons of frogs in it. This one was making weird noises at first in the net. Then we put it in a minnow bucket with some water and lettuce. When we'd open the lid, it kept jumping out and did Michael ever have fun running after it!



Being a product of the 60's and raised on Looney Tunes, I have a somewhat warped sense of humor. I kept waiting for Mr./Mrs. Frog to belt out a little rag time like his/her's famous cousin...Michigan J. Frog!



Let me hear you now...

Hello, my baby!
Hello, my honey!
Hello, my ragtime gal!

Send me a kiss by wire.
Baby, my heart's on fire!

If you refuse me,
Honey, you loose me.
Then you'll be left alone.

Oh baby, telephone
And tell me I'm
Your own!



Everybody's doing the Michigan Rag
Everybody likes the Michigan Rag

Every Mame and Jane and Ruth
From Weehauken to Duluth

Slide, ride, glide the Michigan
Stomp, romp, pomp the Michigan
Jump, hump, pump the Michigan Rag

That love-d rag!!

We let the frog go back in the pond. He seemed to hang out for a little while then he jumped in and swam away.

No comments: