Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Old Friends

A few weeks ago, a friend and I decided to go visit some old friends - of the Equine variety. We used to go to a local stable and groom and take a few school horses out on the trails in the forest preserves. The stable we went to was sold and the land re-developed. The farm/stable relocated about 20 miles from the original place and we wondered if any of our friends made the journey.

We were happy to find out that many of them did! Here is my friend with a cute Appy named Ticker. He's in his 20's now but still in good shape. His owner just uses him for walk/trot lessons.





This is C.G. He used to be a barrel racer. What a nice horse, fun to ride.



It was nice to see them again and smell the barn smells - I miss it. In fact, this has spurred me on to find a local stable so I can start lessons again this fall!

No comments: