Tuesday, December 04, 2007

All aboard! All aboard!

The Polar Express!

I can't wait for Christmas morning. Nothing like seeing and feeling the spirit of Christmas again through the eyes of a little child. I can't tell you how excited and happy I am this Christmas season. LM (little man) is 4 and 3/4 and for the past year he had wanted a Polar Express train set. Well, they are made by Lionel Trains and they ain't cheap. There was no way that we would have been able to get him one...until I got the Sunday paper and started going through the ads. I NEVER go through the ads first, I always read the paper, section by section. DH got up and I gave him a selection of ads that I didn't want to read; Circuit City, Best Buy, Staples. Well, what to my wondering eyes should appear when I turned the first page of the Target Ad but...are you ready...THE POLAR EXPRESS LIONEL TRAIN G-GAUGE SET! Holy mother of G_ _! All for the UNBELIEVABLE price of $119.00! I almost croaked and passed the ad to DH who got up, showered and was in line by 8:00. He called about 1/2 later with the good news - he got one of only 3 on the shelf. WHEW! Stay tuned for posts come Christmas morn.

No comments: